Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'll be honest with you...

I do not want to run this marathon. I'd much rather just donate the money to the APLA (Aids Project Los Angeles) and be done with it. But I can't do that. Why?

Well, I made a commitment to Sem. That's it. I signed up for it - and I know part of me is dragging my feet in the mud, which isn't helping, but I'm not a quitter, especially when I've given my word.

It's just that for the past couple of weeks I've been an emotional wreck. There is so much other stuff going on in my personal life that I just want to sit and not be bothered with obligations. But life isn't about isolation - its about relationships, failed, flourishing, or otherwise - its about managing them. And because Sem is always there for me and I gave her my word - to back out would just add to the frustration and disappointment that is my personal life - I need to do something right.

Hey, it could be worse, right? I won't say how...considering the obvious (we are running for a cure).

Don't forget to go out and get tested this Saturday - it is World AIDS Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home